Gold award in office/studio furniture at Furniture China Fair 2014.
A design component of this award-winning desk is the separation of frames and cubic units, which makes the entire heavy piece of furniture appear lighter. With its soothing tactile quality, the sturdy frames almost seem like handles one can grasp onto and simply lift to go.
Tones is a collection that features the juxtaposition of the pale White Oak with the dark Walnut. The two distinct woods bring out the best in each other, creating a family of beautiful furniture with unique harmonizing tones.
North American White Oak + Walnut (FSCTM Certified)
Make to Order
Natural wood, with its beautiful grains and tones, is a favourite medium among furniture craftsmen and designers. The fact that its strength to weight ratio is actually better than steel explains why it is often the preferred material in furniture and building construction. Aside from being strong and versatile, timber is also environmental friendly when sourced from properly managed forests. It is important to remember that proper maintenance of solid wood will give you many more years of Elmood furniture enjoyment. After all, each of our pieces are made of organic material that continuously responds to it surroundings.
1. Elmood furniture uses oil based, harm-free PU finish. Domestic refinishing chemical such as clean lacquer or wax oil can be used periodically to freshen the piece.
2. Avoid exposing our solid wood furniture to direct sunlight. Solid wood will change color over time after gradual exposure to the natural environment.
3. Never use wet cloth to clean our furniture. Mildly damp cloth can be used to wipe stains from food and drinks.
4. Never allow hot elements to get in direct contact with our furniture.
5. Solid wood do get affected by changes in environmental conditions. Gradual, unwarranted transformations may include shrinkage, expansion, bowing, splitting and color transformation.