FLAMINGO Floor Lamp
Gold award in the home accessories category at Furniture China 2015.
Inspired by how flamingos have a habit of standing on only one of their strong, lean legs while eating, sleeping, or resting, we applied traditional laminated bent solid wood technique to structure a lamp stand with a graceful arc that looks comfortably over any resting or seating area. By maintaining its balance using a solid block of precisely cut and positioned wood as a base, the floor lamp successfully emulates the simple elegance of a flamingo’s beautiful posture.
North American White Oak (FSCTM Certified)
Red (Oak Only)
Make to Order
Natural wood, with its beautiful grains and tones, is a favourite medium among furniture craftsmen and designers. The fact that its strength to weight ratio is actually better than steel explains why it is often the preferred material in furniture and building construction. Aside from being strong and versatile, timber is also environmental friendly when sourced from properly managed forests. It is important to remember that proper maintenance of solid wood will give you many more years of Elmood furniture enjoyment. After all, each of our pieces are made of organic material that continuously responds to it surroundings.
1. Elmood furniture uses oil based, harm-free PU finish. Domestic refinishing chemical such as clean lacquer or wax oil can be used periodically to freshen the piece.
2. Avoid exposing our solid wood furniture to direct sunlight. Solid wood will change color over time after gradual exposure to the natural environment.
3. Never use wet cloth to clean our furniture. Mildly damp cloth can be used to wipe stains from food and drinks.
4. Never allow hot elements to get in direct contact with our furniture.
5. Solid wood do get affected by changes in environmental conditions. Gradual, unwarranted transformations may include shrinkage, expansion, bowing, splitting and color transformation.